Ford 2.7 EcoBoost Tear Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plastic oil pans are pretty common. Even diesel have/had them depending on manufacturer.
That bathtub on the 60 series Detroit is fiberglass.
Watched a chap one day clean a poorly crimped injector harness with Cat component cleaner (the old good stuff) then proceeded to solder the terminal end, well started anyways. The fumes from the half can of cleaner ignited, the flame danced for a moment as the look of shock appeared on his face. Then there was quite a loud whooshing sound followed by a bigger pop as the oil pan blew off those 10 little bolts holding it on.
11 gallons of 15-40 spreads out quick in the summer!
And no, the pan wasn’t salvageable.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a fan of any internal plastics.
About any vehicle ever made has something on them that appear to be an engineer brain fart.

I have written to companies, asking for the name of the IDIOT ENGINEER that designed such & such.

The eco-boost appear to be good engines, but time will tell.

My '14 5.0 coyote runs and pulls ok. My '06 5.4 Triton pulled better, was faster and got better MPG. The 2 part plugs on the Triton should have gotten the engineer a throat punch.

Son and grandson have the 3.5L ecos. They love them. 2.7L just seems too small for a F-150, to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom