Ford 2.7 EcoBoost Tear Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I can say is wow. Some seriously impressive engineering and manufacturing with this engine.

Also some serious head scratcher level fail in there too. It's like....WTF are you thinking Ford? Watch and you'll see...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 2018 F150 with a 2.7 in it...... thing ran like a scalded azzed ape after a tune.
I can see why. It's built like a granite block ****house! Except for two little things one of which I consider a major faux pas. The other is a plastic oil pan and just a gripe, it probably is just fine in all reality.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They got rid of the 5.0 for a few years and then came back out with it and ridiculous compression from it and I thought to myself there are a few ways i get by on pump gas and 12:1 compression and had my buddy at Ford send me the specs on the 5.0 this was decades years ago.

I thought the 5.0 needed a much longer rod and way smaller chamber to get by with that compression and better shaped chamber and better cooling in the head and they did just that.

They do what hot rodders have known for decades.
You put boost on a lawn mower and it will be fast does not take a genius to figure that out but the tune makes it live as does keeping it from not detonating or preigniting.

Fun stuff.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I can see why. It's built like a granite block ****house! Except for two little things one of which I consider a major faux pas. The other is a plastic oil pan and just a gripe, it probably is just fine in all reality.
Plastic oil pans are pretty common. Even diesel have/had them depending on manufacturer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom