Free Hunting Land Anybody

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyboy

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought that'd get your attention!

I have access to some land--probably a couple of square miles--in Love County that is chock-full of deer, pigs, turkeys, and who knows what else.

Only problem is, I don't know much about hunting. Yeah, I tagged that pig a few months back, but that was mostly luck--that was my first kill (well, a couple of birds, too).

Trouble is, my dad didn't really teach me to hunt. Not for lack of trying, he just didn't know how himself. He taught me the important part, that being in the woods is fun, but he just didn't have the knowledge to pass on. If I'm going to have anything to share with my boy, I'm going to have to learn.

So here's the deal: there are plenty of critters down there, and I'll take anybody who wants to go (once--subsequent visits are dependent upon things like not sweeping me with your rifle; I've already had to cut a couple of friends loose for that reason) if you'll teach me what you know. I'm not comfortable giving you open access (it's not my land to share), but I do have permission to bring anyone I like when I go.

So--anyone with mad skillz looking for a place to hunt?

SoonerENGR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds like an awesome plan, Bow hunting is my passion. Although, I'm a senior engineering student at OU = little time to hunt. I usually just make a trip to Dirty bird or Lexington before classes. I looked up Love Co. and its about an 1 1/2 hour drive. I wouldn't mind putting some meat in the freezer maybe on a good weekend.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That area should be pretty good for hogs. I can show you how to track them. Best time of year for hogs is late winter and early spring.

If there are any quail, you are welcome to hunt over my bird dogs. You can do all the shooting, I just need to work my dogs. I just need a blank pistol to keep them honest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom