Freeze Dried Storable food

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is something I've wanted to research for a while, during the next 6 months while my house is being built, I want to put together a 72hr kit and get some supplies to put into my storm shelter. I think I'm gonna try some of the freebies from efoods before commiting.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what we did AirMech, We were storing MRE's at the time that we heard about efoods, so we ordered the free meals. We were SOLD on them, made the whole house smell like home cooking.
We still buy MRE's but at about a 10% MRE / 90% freeze dried.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is something I've wanted to research for a while, during the next 6 months while my house is being built, I want to put together a 72hr kit and get some supplies to put into my storm shelter. I think I'm gonna try some of the freebies from efoods before commiting.

Don't ask me how I know this but you can get the samples from more than one distributor ... :lookaroun

ls3mach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Wise Food storage? I ordered one of their sample packs. I also picked up the Augason Farms bucket that Sam's has for sale at about $100. Figure it can't hurt to try them all. I just ordered the eFoods sample too.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks,

Don't forget Red Dawn Survival and Recreation over on SE15th( 6103 SE15th) in Midwest City has a pretty good selection of freeze dried food as well as other goodies that might interest.

Also, if you find it cheaper somewhere else, they will work with you on their price. It pays to shop around and see if you can get them to price match. They've done it for me a couple of times on FD/DH stuff.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Wise Food storage? I ordered one of their sample packs. I also picked up the Augason Farms bucket that Sam's has for sale at about $100. Figure it can't hurt to try them all. I just ordered the eFoods sample too.

Wise is okay, but not my favorite. They tend to use a bit too much salt and sugar for my tastes. When I open their brown sugar/maple oatmeal packet the first thing I do is throw another couple of cups of oatmeal into it and shake ... Tend to use their stuff as flavoring for whatever else I'm making ...

I picked up several Chef's Banquet buckets from Costco last year. They aren't too bad.

Efoods is definitely my favorite, flavor and value-wise.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with bb on the wise a little salty. But good. I prefer mountain house or just plain ole GI issue mre's. I suggest you buy several and then sample what you have. Theirs nothing worse than being hungry as hell and eating food you can't enjoy. Learned that by taking freeze dried food I hadn't tried on a back country hunting trip. So I now try one of everything I get now and I can stock up on what I like. I'll check out efoods thanks for the tip.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just discovered you can buy e foods products locally at savage trading. Bought a few to try and then will order what I like. Thought I'd pass this along.

Latest posts

Top Bottom