Spring is Right Around the Corner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have one in the house, grumpy. He has to be the greatest of all time to put up with…

our useable backyard is tiny, and a silver maple behind us blocks sun to most the backyard.

Why do you think I humor him?? I don't know another man on the planet that will let me be me. He loves me just the way I am.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We always put our cabbage out in the spring and had plenty to eat and some canning of it, I never could grow the fig but my grandmother had a large plant that she grew and always enjoy eating my fill when they was ready but i have found several plants around town while out working. I sort of miss my gardening days as a kid but there was times i hated it especial
during harvest time didnt mind the planting and working the ground but hated harvesting.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't plant any warm season crops till may. Tomatoes, beans, squash, etc

I'm talking about starting seedlings, not sticking plants in the ground. Lol

Cruciferous veggies like broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts are cool weather plants and could stand a freeze as long as they are covered.

Odd happenings in That Gurl's garden -- I have a sage plant that has survived through 2 winters now, maybe 3. It is in a raised bed that had a dirt line that is a whole concrete block below the top of the bed and in a spot that gets full sun all day. Only thing I can think of is the full sun heats the soil and concrete blocks and the plant being below the top edge of the bed protects it from the wind and the blocks hold just enough heat to keep the plant from dying. The leaves are VERY strong and the stems are actually a bit woody now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom