Would you travel to CO right now or in the near future?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go and have great time.
You'll be surprised how nice people are.

We go every year and have a VRBO booked this summer.
Escape the heat!

Gonna be in the Hartsel / Buena Vista area.
Away from the metro areas, most folks are pretty conservatives
Lots of Subarus....

Lived there for 4, went on vacation there last bout 5 years ago, and several prior to that. Almost yearly when I was younger so I am familiar. Not sure if you've seen the articles about Denver, but it makes me wonder if some arent leaving Denver for suburbs or cities a little further away that may not be as taxed. The Mayor of Denver is saying they are at a literally breaking point. Fiscal plan is to close every DMV one week a month, and 25% from parks and rec programs to make up the shortfall caused by the migrant crisis. This article is CNN, and obviously left leaning and blaming Abbott, but even the left is talking about how bad it is. I don't blame Abbott for doing what they are doing, TX cant take them all in, not get federal support, and the feds tell them they can't support the border.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/31/us/denver-migrants-crisis/index.html

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go and have great time.
You'll be surprised how nice people are.

We go every year and have a VRBO booked this summer.
Escape the heat!

Gonna be in the Hartsel / Buena Vista area.
Away from the metro areas, most folks are pretty conservatives
Lots of Subarus....
I love going every year, father-in-law built a cabin in '74 and we stay for a week.

I would not, however, consider Colorado natives to be "friendly".

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have been spending summers in Colorado for the last 6 years. Staying at locations in the middle of the state which are very conservative and safe. Buena Vista, Howard, Salida are where we stayed for two months at a time in the RV. The sheriff departments in all the surrounding countries will not enforce the mag size limits. We shot at a range out of Antonito with 30 round mags in AR's when they were shooting in the next bay for qualifications. Sheriff came over and visited with our group for a bit.
The big gunshop owner in Salida told us about all the LEO that ignores that BS, but did advise to not use them around Denver, or Colorado Springs without the engraving that signified they were grandfathered in prior to the ban.
In his shop there was a 55 gallon plastic drum of "magazine repair parts" which covered every part to build a 30 round magpul magazine. It's not illegal in colorado to buy repair parts, kind of skirting the law.
It's an incredibly conservative part of Colorado. Between Howard and Buena Vista, there are hundreds of American Flags and FJB flags flying alongside the highway.
It's a great place to go in the summer. I'd recommend it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom