Would you travel to CO right now or in the near future?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WTF do y'all do in Colorado that would keep you from going? Those Rocky Mountains don't care who's in office. Could be savage tribes, Spanish explorers, Republicrats or Commuinists - the mountains and cold water are the same. The only people I deal with in Colorado would be a supermarket checker, a gas station employee or a fellow trail runner, and I'm pretty sure politics won't enter in to the conversation. (I do get amused at the hippie coffee shop propaganda, but they do have good coffee)

I plan on being in Canon City in a few months, the trails will be awesome, Mo Mo's sushi will be awesome, camping with my ol' lady and cooking a rib eye over an open fire will be awesome. And once we're gone - really gone, like in 50 years or so...the mountains will be there for someone else no matter who's in charge of human government.

If you're in the big city, why?

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WTF do y'all do in Colorado that would keep you from going? Those Rocky Mountains don't care who's in office. Could be savage tribes, Spanish explorers, Republicrats or Commuinists - the mountains and cold water are the same. The only people I deal with in Colorado would be a supermarket checker, a gas station employee or a fellow trail runner, and I'm pretty sure politics won't enter in to the conversation. (I do get amused at the hippie coffee shop propaganda, but they do have good coffee)

I plan on being in Canon City in a few months, the trails will be awesome, Mo Mo's sushi will be awesome, camping with my ol' lady and cooking a rib eye over an open fire will be awesome. And once we're gone - really gone, like in 50 years or so...the mountains will be there for someone else no matter who's in charge of human government.

Well said!

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not going to support the utopia with the taxes they collect.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The year after weed was legal it was like someone flipped a switch. The number of homeless panhandlers was very noticeable. Was talking to a cop at the Honda motorcycle dealer. When I asked him about it, he rolled his eyes. He said the number of petty theft and vehicle break ins skyrocketed overnight.
The thieves were just looking for small items to sell or trade.
Guess that doesn’t phase me anymore. There is panhandlers and weed shops on every corner around here. I do volunteer at City Care occasionally. Haven’t had a problem.
Hell, I got mushrooms offered to me last summer there. Guess that comes with the territory if you have a Dead shirt on.
I’m more worried about getting plowed by some lady in a Range Rover in Edmond traffic than a guy asking for a nickel:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Skip Denver and go straight to Colorado Springs.
Lived in COS close to 15 years and the weed presence was on every corner....but we NEVER encountered car break ins nor panhandlers wanting a nickel to go buy a joint. Yeah, it happens but generally it was in a not so good neighborhood. Never had a desire to go to Denver.

Had a cabin in Pagosa Springs so hiked all in/around the Weminuche Wilderness, skied Wolf Creek, 4 wheel around Creede and no politics or reason not to go back. It has definitely grown exponentially and places like the hot springs aren't worth it during peak seasons. So, go a different weekend.

Elk hunted on a lease outside of Alamosa for 10 years with some of the nicest people I've ever met. Down to earth farmers just like here in OK. Still go back for a grass fed Angus each year.

Friends live in Buena Vista/Salida area. Hike 14'ers then back into town for micro brews and some really good food. Yep, this area too has grown like crazy over the last 5-10 years - just like any other place that is incredible and has so much to offer(won't be a secret for very long). Lake City is growing too.

Guess if you're that far right leaning that you judge the entire state by what happens in the news, you're missing out on a beautiful state. Stay in Gotebo and go to Sonic for date night then!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess that doesn’t phase me anymore. There is panhandlers and weed shops on every corner around here. I do volunteer at City Care occasionally. Haven’t had a problem.
Hell, I got mushrooms offered to me last summer there. Guess that comes with the territory if you have a Dead shirt on.
I’m more worried about getting plowed by some lady in a Range Rover in Edmond traffic than a guy asking for a nickel:
Peggy, is that you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom