Frustrating couple of days at the loading bench

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowler7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used Hornady one shot on everything from 22 hornet to 45-70 and always had good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

358norma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use RCBS lube any time I am full length or SB sizing. Had a buddy want to use some One shot when he was helping me SB size some military 223. Told him he had to take out the stuck case when it happened. Third case in to the die stuck. About 30 minutes later and a broke carbide expander ball we were back at it again. Never had another stuck case after going back to the RCBS. I know RCBS lube on a pad is slow and nasty, but does what it is supposed to do, work. I still use One Shot from time to time, it is a great spray release for your action when doing bedding work. Just my .02

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
my second try worked out a little better. i heated my dies up good with a hair dryer, seemed to soften the left over residue. i must have not had the dies as clean as i thought. started running cases while it was still warm and used a little more lube. did about 150 06 and only had a couple get tight.
thanks for the help guys.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
would h&h have the hornady lube or do you get yours online? seems i could use a little more of the rcbs when i needed to but the dillon just "feels" really tight even if i just use a tiny amount. i resorted to spraying it on my fingers and just wiping the case down with no luck.

I recently got some at Henry's out in Yukon. Little hole in the wall place but they seem to have stuff you can't find anywhere else.

I think they are in the process of moving to a new bigger location, still in Yukon.

Good luck to you. Gene

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Hornady "Unique," and have never had a stuck case. Never cleaned a die after use either. Most of my dies are the inferior Lee brand :) so it must be a good lube. It smells exactly like saddle soap, and I have been told that's essentially what it is.

I have noticed that if I use a lot of it that unlike lots of other lubes it does not cause dents in the cases.

Kind of messy, but I think it's worth it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom