Ft. Sill Deer Survey Results.....looks like a bad year ahead of us

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) This is one small section of the state. Why do you think that the entire state will experience this same report.
2) I was under the impression that the majority of that part of the state was becoming over populated as it was. If this is the case why is a decrease in the deer population a bad thing?
3) Why do you beleive that X-bows are going to have a negative effect on your hunts or the deer population?

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like were doing something right. lower deer populations can create healthier deer herds, and that can mean more trophy animals.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. I beleive the low numbers is due to the harsh winter. It wasnt just the lawton/ft sill area that was effected and expect the same throughout much of the state

2. I have never heard of an overpopulation of deer in sw oklahoma....it never seems that way when i hunt down there.

3.From things I have read on bowsite forums retailers are having a hard time keeping up with the demand. they are flying off the shelves. I think this fall with be filled with new xbow hunters. I hunt only publci land so this will have a dramatic effect on my deer hunting, whether it be wounded or killed animals or just more folks in the public areas.

1) This is one small section of the state. Why do you think that the entire state will experience this same report.
2) I was under the impression that the majority of that part of the state was becoming over populated as it was. If this is the case why is a decrease in the deer population a bad thing?
3) Why do you beleive that X-bows are going to have a negative effect on your hunts or the deer population?

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One article i read suggested that it was post rut and the weather may have hit bucks really hard cooming out of the rut....who knows I still plan to spend as much time out there as years past

Latest posts

Top Bottom