Game cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I just bought a hunting lease out by Perry, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how good the reception is out in that area? I'm headed out Wednesday to scope out my spot and put up a blind and maybe a feeder. I'd like to put up a game cam and have it send some pics. It's about 90 minutes away from home (one way), so going out just to download pics would be a major PITA. :(

If it helps, this is in the vicinity of Hwy 15 and County Road 34300.

https://goo.gl/maps/4y99orjXhWku4UMC6

See if that works.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm open to buying a game cam and a StraightTalk cellular card for whichever cellular towers have decent coverage in that area if anyone is familiar with it...

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I just bought a hunting lease out by Perry, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how good the reception is out in that area? I'm headed out Wednesday to scope out my spot and put up a blind and maybe a feeder. I'd like to put up a game cam and have it send some pics. It's about 90 minutes away from home (one way), so going out just to download pics would be a major PITA. :(

If it helps, this is in the vicinity of Hwy 15 and County Road 34300.

https://goo.gl/maps/4y99orjXhWku4UMC6

See if that works.
Where you at?? I'm by Perry.....

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have gone to the Cuddelink cell system this year. We get spotty cell service on our phones but the home unit sends pics just fine. The nice thing about the Cuddebacks is we have several cameras that all work off the home unit. 1 $20/mo cell plan takes care of all the pictures from all of the cameras. They aren’t the cheapest cameras but only having to pay for 1 data plan offset’s the cost some.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Moultrie has a new one out that was on sale for $129 at cabelas. It didn’t have an external antenna like most do. I’ve got one area that if I’m standing where the cam is, I don’t have any service but if I climb the stand I get one bar. Wonder if the cam would be the same?
I have heard that the reception on the cams is better than phones though.
Actually reception on my phone is better than my cameras, so....:anyone:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'm going to get the Moultrie XA7000i. Unless someone tells me it's a total POS, but I've read a lot of reviews and watched some videos... it requires a separate data plan, but there are no start/stop fees, no contrcts, etc. So I can run it for a couple months during hunting season and re-eval whether I want to keep it going or reduce the plan, or whatever.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'm going to get the Moultrie XA7000i. Unless someone tells me it's a total POS, but I've read a lot of reviews and watched some videos... it requires a separate data plan, but there are no start/stop fees, no contrcts, etc. So I can run it for a couple months during hunting season and re-eval whether I want to keep it going or reduce the plan, or whatever.
Does it come with a SIM card?
If it’s with ATT, Buy a Session has reasonable plans.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spypoint cell cameras just need to be activated for use via their phone app.

The first month you get their unlimited premium transfer plan. After that it's limited to 100 pics per month if you don't subscribe to a plan.

The link micros are around $150 normally. If you find them under that I would buy one.

The micros are pics only. The link darks do pics, video and allow for review directly on the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom