Gas Trap M1 Garand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have any one of you ever seen and actually touched a real M1 Garand Gas Trap? Young friend did Friday evening, had a 4 digit serial number, the young man who had it may not know what he has, but nevertheless, I nearly had a heart attack when he told me of the experience.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have any one of you ever seen and actually touched a real M1 Garand Gas Trap? Young friend did Friday evening, had a 4 digit serial number, the young man who had it may not know what he has, but nevertheless, I nearly had a heart attack when he told me of the experience.

Real piece of history there...

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid, my family's neighbor was a retired US Army officer and a firearms collector. I'm told he had "several" gas trap M1's, and supposedly I handled them all. But I don't remember them specifically :doh: Just that he had the biggest private collection of firearms I ever saw. After he died, his family sold off the collection. Of course, this was about 20 years before I became a collector myself. If only...

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course, the serial number stuck in his mind first, my young friend's that is. Then he described the front end of the barrel, I showed a picture to him and that was it. I got chills, goose bumps, but I calmed down after a bottle of wine. I may send Scott Duff an email with the serial number (94XX), it is engraved in my mind forever now and tell him of this, if I ever get my senses back, but that will be easy 'cause I don't have any anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom