General Concensus.....(pocket pistol)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He says he already has a G27 and wants smaller. A J frame (although I carry one daily) is not really smaller and lighter than the G27.

Oh...I dunno...I've toted both and the Jaybird with it's rounder curves seems to tote a little easier in the pants pocket than the G27 does.

Now if we were talkin' about "shoot me first" vest pockets or even pants cargo pockets, then yeah, I would give the G27 the nod.

But it's just too damned square and bulky for front pocket, pants carry.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a LCP and a P3at, which are basically the same. I like carrying either of them in my back right or front left pockets. They are very small, flat and comfortable. I think they are the perfect "Get off me" gun.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a Smith 642, Kel Tec PF9 and P3AT. Sure the .38 sends a heavier bullet out and has revolver reliability, but it doesn't fit or in or draw quickly from jeans front or rear pocket. PF9- 9mm= good, but also too big to fit in a pocket. my P3AT fits inside a hip pocket nicely and can ride all day without being a PITA.

Sure, if you wear loose 'gangsta britches, you could stuff anything in them, but regular fitting jeans, slacks or shorts need a little, flat pistol. Anything larger and I'd carry in a holster or jacket pocket

Ditto, with a few additions:

The p3at has an optional 9 rnd magazine. Makes the grip into a real grip and not just a two finger one.

Crimson trace makes a laser for it, holster wallets exist for it.
I'd hate to get shot with a pow'r'ball round in any caliber, .380 included.
They're cheap enough if, while carrying, you happen to lose it, no biggie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom