Gentlemen's Style Thread: Dress, Drink, Smoke, Gadgetry, Grooming, etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried Guiness Blonde American Lager recently, I thought/think its a great beer. Label says Made in USA. I assume its either made by Guiness or licensed out.

Had in interesting occurrance at McNellie's Wednesday. Met some buddies there for cheap burger night, cigars , and beers.

A server there ( tall female red head claiming to be an Irish citizen) went off on me when I recommended a friend try it.

She said "don't try that crap its a terrible travesty and has nothing to do with Guiness", "some people don't know anything about beer".

This was after she scolded me and forbade me from ordering an Irish car bomb when I said I like to drink them slow and not shoot it. LOL

Well I kept my manners but thought, why is G-Blonde on Guiness' site if its not by them? Anyone know about it?

Also had a Black & Tan with Fuller's Ale, an Ayinger Dunkel, and a CAO MX2. Bayern beer is the best.

It's a new beer and not one that they've traditionally made. Plus, it's an American lager, which is an often disparaged style since it's what bud is.

I'm guessing she was ashamed that Guinness is branching out to that type of beer and away from what it's known for, stouts.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a new beer and not one that they've traditionally made. Plus, it's an American lager, which is an often disparaged style since it's what bud is.

I'm guessing she was ashamed that Guinness is branching out to that type of beer and away from what it's known for, stouts.

Or Harp, for that matter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom