Ghost Blind Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This weekend my buddy and I ordered the Ghost Blind to take on a bow hunt where we didn't know if any tree stands, etc could be set up.

http://www.ghostblind.com/

(there was a thread on it in GD, but it never got moved to this forum.)

A few years ago, I field tested a prototype of this for a certain magazine. It worked ok, but had limitations with high winds, etc.

Saw an ad on this, and we decided to take the plunge, as the bugs looked to have been worked out.

To say the least it worked really well. Both of us had deer within 10 yards. We did have a couple of issues though. Your given 4 stakes, and 4 ropes. We found that we needed 4 more, and some para-cord to really make it work right. Our hunt had high winds, which required the extra equipment. No wind, no problem.

If one follows the instructions faithfully, it works as advertized. The web site above has some video's, and pics that demonstrate proper installation.

I could walk away from the blind about 40 yards, and it was difficult to see, as long as it was in a shaded area. In a sunny area, the total blind was a little shiny if not put up properly, and there was a little ridge along the very top of the blind that stood out. 2 minutes with a black sharpie took care of that issue.

Its constructed of a plastic cardboard like material to be waterproof, so that design has small pockets along the top of the blind like cardboard does. It made a perfect place to stick small plants, and twigs for additional camo.

For a recurve crossbow like mine, its takes a little manuevering to make sure one of the limbs doesn't strike the blind at release. My buddy's compound model had less issues. A vertical bow would have no issue.

It would be really great for pistol, or short range rifle and shotgun hunting.

4 1/2 out of 5 stars from me for a rating.

No matter what the season, terrain, background, foreground, its the perfect camo.

Try to use woodland camo in a grass area, and your busted unless it stays there for a couple of weeks.

Y'all know what I'm talking about. Check out the video's on the link.

Deercrz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how was the hunting at big Mac. Quality pass this year? I will be in boggy in a couple of weeks. Any advice only been once and it was deer creek.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the only quality pass will be for a hog.
With the drought, they said they thought that fawn reproduction was not good for two years of it, and took away the quality pass. Otherwise, I'd be back next year for sure. My buddy and I passed on a couple of sure shots on does.

It was wierd in Boggy. Deer trails everywhere. Scat everywhere, but the acorn trees had nothing, and the persimmons were done a week ago. Kicked some of the scat, and it was dry on the inside. Everywhere you looked there was coyote scat, coon scat, deer scat, that all had persimmon seeds in it, but it was all old.
No fresh hog wallows.

We moved and finally saw some does,but with no quality passes this year for does, let them pass.

We got to move after the second day morning, and at least saw some deer.

Deercrz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the report I'm really looking forward to getting down there again. Waiting on another report from next weekend and know a few white hats that I hope got some in site. By the way I had a great year at law last year I put four deer down and between 3 of us had 7 deer first 2 days of rifle.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive been kinda interested in this blind. Do you think its worth the price? And how do you think it will hold up?

I think it will hold up fine.
its a little expensive, but if one gets you upclose and personal to a big deer, I guess its worth it.

There is no regret at this point, as I'm looking forward to using it with a pistol from the ground.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Dennis for the review. Like Lurker said, it might be the ticket for yote hunting in bare ground. Do they have a shooting port, or do you have to peer over the top?

Latest posts

Top Bottom