Glock 21 grip modification

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MWDG3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't seem to find any feedback via the search function. Anybody here have their backstrap milled off?

After 250 rounds of 230gr in the Steel Challenge at USSA a couple of months ago, I'm really considering it. Can't make up my mind if I should do it. Any advice or input would be helpful.

Also I don't fully understand the benefit for the triggerguard undercut.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Glock 19 that has had the hump on the back taken off and textured. I like it so much better than the stock grip. It's more of a 1911 angle now.
I'm on target faster with it because with Glocks I tend to point upwards due to the large lump on the back, but that's just me.

The undercut triggerguard is so that you can get your hand higher on the grip for more control during recoil.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had mine done by Mike at Accurate Iron and haven't looked back. Far superior to the stock grip. The undercut trigger guard helps with the higher grip and recoil control, plus it's much more comfortable.

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG4551.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG4555.jpg

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mike at Accurate Iron does good work.

Consider first just removing the sharp mold marks that run down the mid-line of a Glock frame. The marks can chew on the fingers directly below the triggerguard every time a shot is fired.

If your gun is a Gen 4, then the removeable backstrap only can be reduced or otherwise reshaped. If not, then be aware that a full grip reduction may reduce the value of the gun in some individual's eyes, should you decide to sell it. A well done professional grip stippling may be more valuable to others.

It's your gun; my suggestion is to make it fit you.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the most undercut I've seen so far. Never heard of Accurate Iron, I'll look him up.

Most I've seen that are undercut this much negatively affect the structural integrity of the trigger guard. I've seen grip reductions from other "recommended" shops that were so overdone that the frames have cracked and just gripping the grip with normal pressure while ejecting the mag will cause them to hang up in the magwell. The way Mike does his retains the integrity of the guard and grip quite well. This is my duty gun and I have no qualms about the quality of his work. I've had him do several guns as a matter of fact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom