glock 23; laser engraved tulsa ok.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had my glock laser engraved here in Tulsa and wanted to post up a picture and a link to the website of the folks that did the work.

The picture doesn't really do it justice....it is exactly what I wanted. :thumb:
I didn't want anything that would be shiny or that would overly stand out. I wanted something simple. They nailed what I was looking for on the head.

These guys were a pleasure to deal with. They were timely, priced great, and discussed my options and the outcomes each option had. I highly recommend using them to anyone in the area.

[Broken External Image]

http://www.bhengraving.com/

I'll be going back to do something to the top of the slide as soon as I figure out what I want to put on there.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's good work! :thumb:

I'm wanting to do something like that on two of my carry guns. Their website doesn't list any prices. If you don't mind telling me (you don't have to if you don't want to) how much that cost total?

Like I said, I have two guns I wanna do. Probably just seven letters (Evan Lee) total on each gun.

Yeah, I have a short name. ;)

faber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they charge a set-up fee or anything?

Did you get to choose the font? Or do they just use one style?

How deep into the metal is it? Does laser engraving even penetrate the metal? Obviously, no refinishing was needed...right?

no set up fee

they had different fonts i got to chose from (i tried to pull up the email to copy and past them, but couldnt).
they actually sent me an email with the engraving super imposed on my glock so i could see what it would look like and chose from different fonts (which were also in the email).

it doesnt go into the metal at all; it is sort of a "bleach" with the laser, but is permanent. i believe there was an option that would have gone into the metal....i think that would have produced an effect/color i didnt want.
(you would want to talk to them about this if it were something you were interested in).

no refinishing....in and out.

oh, and i definitely dont mind you asking how much it was. :-)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you say they were "timely" how long are you talking about? I live about 2 hours away from T-town and I would like to have my gun(s) back by the end of the day if possible.

I wonder if they can do it while I wait. ;)

faber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i had called glock myself to talk to them about engraving and really didnt feel like the guy i talked to was extremely knowledgeable on the subject.
the only real info. he (glock representative) gave me was that he thought that engraving could effect the protection of the finish (which seems kinda obvious, i guess) and then he listed some places he knew of that did it....he said he believed they used laser.

i believe there is one place that glock talk recommended that used a different method (these guys also had that method as an option, but the results werent what i was looking for). = to shiny and goes into the steel?

by looking at the results of the laser on mine (being on the surface) and reading about what glock does to protect their slide steel; i personally am not concerned at all about it effecting the longevity of the slide. (not that im an expert, you may want to talk to them/glock about their opinions on the subject).

faber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you say they were "timely" how long are you talking about? I live about 2 hours away from T-town and I would like to have my gun(s) back by the end of the day if possible.

I wonder if they can do it while I wait. ;)

they are real good about answering emails, i would email and ask them; i would bet they could get it done in a day.

i didnt rush them at all, i turned mine in and they had it done the next day.
this includes;
-me not rushing them.
-emails and phone calls about what methods/results could be used.
-me not calling ahead of time to tell them i was coming. (all i had done was emailed and said id be in sometime the next business day).

faber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so if you knew what you wanted done; that would speed up the process allot, i would think.
they were working with me through the process to figure out how to get what i wanted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom