Glock 23 vs 27

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up finding a "Police Trade-in" Model 23 for $350 shipped. I went and got it from my FFL this afternoon... gun seems to be in excellent shape... only one mag, but... it came with a pin laser that I was not expecting. Score!

That's awesome. Do you know if they might have more? If so, can you let me know where you got it?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up finding a "Police Trade-in" Model 23 for $350 shipped. I went and got it from my FFL this afternoon... gun seems to be in excellent shape... only one mag, but... it came with a pin laser that I was not expecting. Score!

Great, that bonus was cool too! Congrats on the new to you Glock!

Laser? Are you talking about the Guide Rod Laser? If so, that is a nice bonus! They are expensive to say the least. I know nothing about them, some think they are a gimmick, they might work though!

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Laser? Are you talking about the Guide Rod Laser? If so, that is a nice bonus! They are expensive to say the least. I know nothing about them, some think they are a gimmick, they might work though!

Yes sir, it has a Guide Rod Laser! Heck they run $250-$300

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have read of several issues with them.

Good choice OP, you will like the 23.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mostly binding of the spring and the unit coming apart. Not sure how big of a problem it really is, but I'm not a fan of changing a critical function part of the gun. I run my RSA stock, the most I would do is an aftermarket spring. Nothing that could interfere with the function.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be interested to know the possible issues....?!?

What I have read is that they turn on when holstered and such and runs the battery's down. Hey if they help a guy hit something he is needing to hit, then cool deal!

I recently picked up a 23 myself, and just today picked up a Conversion barrel to shoot 9mm through it as well. We are wanting to do some Bowling Pin shoots so needed some mass of the 40 caliber to knock em off the table a bit better than my 9's do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom