Glock 30sf vs Glock 36

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 30sf...wondering about the 36...who has one and what do you think of it as carry gun? Do you wish you'd bought the 30 instead or are you satisfied with the 36?

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a 36 with magazine grip extensions. It's very concealable; I forget it's there sometimes. It's as reliable as any Glock and accurate enough for its intended purpose.

I've been thinking lately though that I would rather have something with a larger capacity. But then again, hey- single-stack .45, what's not to like?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a 36 with magazine grip extensions. It's very concealable; I forget it's there sometimes. It's as reliable as any Glock and accurate enough for its intended purpose.

I've been thinking lately though that I would rather have something with a larger capacity. But then again, hey- single-stack .45, what's not to like?

I guess the only thing not to be wild about is the capacity...my G30sf is really not that much thicker than the G36 (.14") and has 10+1. But then again...I kinda like the single stack route too. Like with all pistols, there's always a trade-off of some kind.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't shot both but I've handled both and to me, the difference in width isn't great enough to make me think that the 30sf would be any more difficult to hide than a 36. I'd like to have the opportunity to fire both and see which I like better.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carried a G-36 for several years. It was very reliable and accurate. I finally opted for more discreet pocket carry with a Kahr PM-9.

Shooting4Fun

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not shot either, but what I have read is the 30sf recoil is very tame and 36 recoil is like hitting your hand with a 2x4.

I would find a range and try them both.

If you can conceal the 30sf, that is they way I would go. The only reason I would look at a G36 is maybe for a summer carry in a pocket.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not shot either, but what I have read is the 30sf recoil is very tame and 36 recoil is like hitting your hand with a 2x4.

I would find a range and try them both.

If you can conceal the 30sf, that is they way I would go. The only reason I would look at a G36 is maybe for a summer carry in a pocket.

While the recoil may be heavier than the 30sf,... I honestly think it hits less than my 1911s.

As for the size and pocket carry,.. although it is considered a glock subcompact, it is roughly the same size as the compact 40 (g23) and 9mm (g19).

It (g36) has been my preferred summer carry for the past couple of years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom