It's so danged frustrating when you can't find a specific handgun,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a smith 317 and hated it, would start having a sticky cylinder after 2-3 shot. I’d go with the stainless 63 if it were me, but they are not cheap at all. Otherwise the 3” lcr 22 is nice enough
I inherited a S&W K-22 Masterpiece that did the same thing. A gunsmith looked at it and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Dry fired perfectly every time he said.
OPPS! You don't dryfire any rimfire with a fixed firing pin on the trigger.
Looked at it myself finding dimples from the dryfiring on the cylinder that created a space and some that had probably been there previously that set back the cartridge to the point it created binding as the cylinder was rotated.
Took a small manual deburring tool to clean them up and it shoots just fine now with no binding.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I inherited a S&W K-22 Masterpiece that did the same thing. A gunsmith looked at it and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Dry fired perfectly every time he said.
OPPS! You don't dryfire any rimfire with a fixed firing pin on the trigger.
Looked at it myself finding dimples from the dryfiring on the cylinder that created a space and some that had probably been there previously that set back the cartridge to the point it created binding as the cylinder was rotated.
Took a small manual deburring tool to clean them up and it shoots just fine now with no binding.
Yeah my 317 didn’t have that issue, it was the alloy cylinder binding with heat. I had a few 34 kit guns that never had a issue

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read that the .22 ends more gunfights than any other caliber. The reason being it's the most common caliber by far so in a gunfight it's the most common rd to get hit with, and most people quit or leave after they get shot once by any caliber...sissies I know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom