Glock 36 problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonHunter

Marksman
Reaction score
It's failing to extract, leaving an occasional one in the chamber. Nothing changed at all. Very clean and no damage I can see. It has less than 200 rounds down the pipe.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Glock 36! :thumb:

There's a reason why it's been dubbed the red-headed, bastard step-child by the Glock community.

The very best thing I can suggest is to sell it and buy something else.

Sadly, a gunsmith is not gonna solve it's problem. :disappoin

The Glock 36 is what it is.

:sorry1:

YukonHunter

Marksman
Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Glock 36! :thumb:

There's a reason why it's been dubbed the red-headed, bastard step-child by the Glock community.

The very best thing I can suggest is to sell it and buy something else.

Sadly, a gunsmith is not gonna solve it's problem. :disappoin

The Glock 36 is what it is.

Yeah, I was kinda afraid of that. I thought that they got the kinks worked out of them though.

KS.G36

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a G36, got it used and that same thing was happening. There was built up deposit in the chamber. A new gun shouldn't have that problem, but a bit of polishing in there might fix it. Got a dremel?

If the edge of the chamber hole is sharp or burred inside, it might be biting the brass a bit when chambering. You might take the tiniest bit of any sharp edge off too. The factory upped production and the finish inspection may have been too brief.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ugh. You could try a Wolff 15# RP action spring, if you're shooting +/- 900 FPS loads, or a slightly heavier one if you're shooting faster stuff. (Decrease or increase dwell time, based on the energy of your load.)

Compact .45s of any brand are problematic- I had one that it took 750 rounds and a chamber hone to get functional. 300 rounds of it single-shot, "tap-rack-bang.":respect:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I'm new here; but did you try calling Glock customer service?

They might give you some helpful hints before you have to take it to someone or send it back.

I seriously doubt that Glock will admit that they screwed up when they invented the model 36. :disappoin

Bottom line...the Glock 36 is the red-headed, bastard step-child of the Glock family. It is what it is. Chances are, Glock will tell you to send it in and then they'll send it back, saying they went over it with a fine toothed comb and ultimately, they will blame the shooter for the problems he is experiencing.

With some things, Glock's customer service is awesome! With other issues...like this one...they suck big time! :grumble:

Sorry, but that's the cold, hard truth. :anyone:

Like I said earlier...the Glock 36 is what it is. :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom