Glock 45 GAP versus Glock 45 ACP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried to find information using the "search" feature of the forum, but it overwhelmed me with the number of posts. Sorry if this is a repost.

What I would like to know is whether a Glock .45 with the GAP ammuntion is better or worse than the Glock .45 with ACP ammunition. Can anyone give me some ideas on performance issues?

I know that GAP is probably harder to find and more expensive, but the performance aspect is what I wonder about.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being the Glock lover that I am, if I had the funds, I would buy a model 37 just for the sake that the .45GAP (Glock Automatic Pistol) was created and developed by Glock.

That being said, it's hard enough nowadays to find .40 ammo, I can only imagine how hard it is to find .45GAP stuff. :pissed:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, Guys, but I didn't phrase the question right.

Let me try again.

What I am interested in is whether there is a significant difference in range and recoil for instance instead of just a factor of the muzzle velocity and energy numbers. I kind of have those numbers that I got off of wikipedia.

Basically, I'm interested in anyone's experiences of each kind and why one would prefer either GAP or ACP.

Or, failing actual experience with each type, can you point me to a website that has a good comparison between the two.

Thanks again.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While you won't find GAP at Walmart, I see in stock at every gun store I visit. Always seem to see it at OAS. Course they even had 380 when I went yesterday!

I think the obscurity of the GAP round means the buyer base is limited. So you will not be competing with near as many people when a store gets a box in stock.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While you won't find GAP at Walmart, I see in stock at every gun store I visit. Always seem to see it at OAS. Course they even had 380 when I went yesterday!

I think the obscurity of the GAP round means the buyer base is limited. So you will not be competing with near as many people when a store gets a box in stock.

Hmmm...something to consider. :idea:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
smaller grip; a 37 is more comfortable than a 21 grip.
the recoil impulse with the 45gap feels a bit softer.

i

You guys keep talkin' and I'm gonna want one! :w000t:

I'm already wantin' a Smith & Wesson model 25 and a Winchester 94 chambered in .45LC, hell...a Glock 37 will be next! :hithead:

I'm doomd I tell ya...doomed. :faint:

Latest posts

Top Bottom