Glock 80%

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know I keep seeing these and can’t help but ask myself “Why?”. What is the point of putting a lower on a firearm that already has a lower? I get the whole “do it yourself” thing. But what does it really do as far as performance or handling? Just curious. Not bashing anyone.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess the only good thing about is DYI and the ghost gun part. I know the slides and barrels have gone up but you still can find some good deals.

mgw750

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done one, polymer 80v2. Based on the glock 17. Except for some issues with magpul magazines feeding steel case (they hang up in the mag itself) it has performed flawlessly so far with approx 1500 rounds thru it. As far as why would some one build one ? for me its all about the DIY. There definitely is no money to be saved and mine was not an expensive build. But I have no regrets building it, It feels good in the hand, runs reliably and seems to be accurate...for me anyways.

Attachments

• thumbnail (15).jpg
    thumbnail (15).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 211

mgw750

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
MGW,

Thanks for the reply, I have quiet few parts laying around, I think I going to try it out.
That's great, give it a try. It's not difficult at all. I did mine with a dremel, file and an x-acto knife. I have been a machinist for the last 35 years and didn't feel the need for anything else. Pay close attention to areas that can interfere with the recoil spring. That's where most people have a problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom