Glock Finger Groove removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am happy with my carry gun (G23) except the finger grooves don't fit my fingers. The groove hits right in the middle of each finger. If your hand is wet or sweaty it can move around, especially with a smaller .40 cal. gun

Has anyone ever removed them themselves and how did you accomplish it. How did it work out? Maybe a picture....

Thanks

BC

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Check out some of Olyellers (accurate iron) work. I have seen and handled a few glocks that Mike removed the finger grooves and undercut the trigger guard. They felt really nice.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out some of Olyellers (accurate iron) work. I have seen and handled a few glocks that Mike removed the finger grooves and undercut the trigger guard. They felt really nice.

I just wondered if anyone had done it themselves.

Sell it to me, cheap, and then buy a 2nd Gen.

Well played sir...............

Antichrome

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent de-grooved any myself, but I've seen quite a few that have been done. If you wanna practice on something before you try it...get some AR15 grips (find them cheap in used, spare parts bins or at gun shows) and cut off the finger notch/bump/thingy then practice stippling.
If you're not a do-it-yourself'er, Ol'Yeller is an artist.

guns_not_groceries

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I did it to my glock 19- grooves drove me nuts.
I used a dremel and a soldering iron with a brass screw that I checkered with a file to create the stippling. I'm somewhat of a do-it-yourselfer and didn't find it very difficult at all. I am very happy with the way it turned out.

Make sure this is what you want.....I've since decided I want a range gun with more sight radius, a glock 34, and have offered my glock 19 up for trade, but a lot of people are turned off by a permanently customized glock. Anyone interested in it?:tounge2:

Attachments

• g19 groove remove1.jpg
    g19 groove remove1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,906

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am happy with my carry gun (G23) except the finger grooves don't fit my fingers. The groove hits right in the middle of each finger. If your hand is wet or sweaty it can move around, especially with a smaller .40 cal. gun

Has anyone ever removed them themselves and how did you accomplish it. How did it work out? Maybe a picture....

Thanks

BC
It's not that big of a deal, just go slow. I use a dremel and flat files, sandpaper, etc. It will look like gray crap when you do the work, so I usually stipple it afterwards. Here's a G19:

[Broken External Image]

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I did it to my glock 19- grooves drove me nuts.
I used a dremel and a soldering iron with a brass screw that I checkered with a file to create the stippling. I'm somewhat of a do-it-yourselfer and didn't find it very difficult at all. I am very happy with the way it turned out.

Make sure this is what you want.....I've since decided I want a range gun with more sight radius, a glock 34, and have offered my glock 19 up for trade, but a lot of people are turned off by a permanently customized glock. Anyone interested in it?:tounge2:

I saw that, and considered trading you for my non customized 19, but I like the finger grooves, so having them removed turned me off. I do want to try stippling mine though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom