GLOCK PEOPLE, look here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a possible trade pending for a Glock 23. I am Glock stupid, I know absolutely nothing other than this is a compact .40 s&w model. What are my options as far as magazine capacity. I see 13 round mags, and 15 round mags. Is there anymore .40 mags that have a higher capacity. Also, what are the advantages of a G23. Can you buy the 9mm conversion barrels to run in this model to convert to a 9mm? If so, can you then use the 33rd G18 mags? Help......

Would this mag in .40 (29 round capacity) work in a G23?
http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descri...ory_id=3&_Factory+Magazines+&+Extensions/

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those Scherer mags suck from my experiences and the 33rders can be had for nearly half that price.

You can buy a 40-9 conversion and 9mm mags will work.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The stock factory Glock 22 magazine holds 15 rounds. It will fit & function in a Glock 23, but will stick out a bit below the grip. I prefer the factory Glock magazines. Glock makes lots of revisions, then doesn't say anything about it. Magazine followers are a common revision item.

I would avoid the old non-free fall standard capacity mags.

jimeradams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an older M23 that is my duty weapon. I really like it! I don't have any experience with the 9mm conversion thing, but it sounds very cool. I think I would like paying less for ammo! Recoil would be a little different, but really learning the Glock trigger and how it resets is the main thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom