Gloves and guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear a thin glove when shooting my 1911, grip is a lil high at times and knocks the hide off at the base of my thumb sometimes. Nothing fancy, just a thin silicone palmed work glove.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I peruse Youtube watching gun videoes I notice some people wear gloves while handling their weapon. Thoughts on this? Needed, not needed?

Depends, is the added safety of wearing them something that does not detract from your weapon proficiency?
Using a thin, FR glove like a mil aircrew is cheap insurance. It will feel awkward at first but you can train beyond that.
That being said, most of the time I am gloved and shoot better with than without.

They are trying to be more tactical.

Or, maybe they rely on their hands to make a living and want the added protection.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been wanting a good pair of tactical shooting gloves but haven't pulled the trigger yet (no pun intended). Is there a good pair you guys could recommend? And at a good price as well.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rarely wear gloves for shooting, but when I do it's been limited to USGI style flight gloves...all I've ever needed. I've looked at all the HSLD "tactical" gloves out there and I don't see them bringing anything to the party really. YMMV.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
when traveling at 60+mph in Iraq on convoys, an your one of the lucky ones hanging out the truck if shooting started, that sand is like being inside a metal blaster. Just like in the winter, you don't touch anything hot over there without gloves on!!

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, I grew up on my Grandfathers farm. well really in town but spent a lot of time on the farm. we always had a pair of leather gloves either on or in our back pocket.

i noticed my older cousin, who i had not seen in 20 years, was still using and wearing the same type of leather gloves when hunting.

I wore gloves for a while when shooting, my hands were just use to it, but i do not wear them anymore. i think my hands have got toughter.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gloves saved me one time from burning the ever-loving crap out of my hand when I touched the side of a set of polymer handguards on my Arsenal SGL-21 after doing several mag dumps. Melted the gloves, saved my hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom