Shooting gloves. What's best

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never used shooting gloves or any gloves when I shoot. Even as a child hunting in a foot of snow, I took my glove off, if I had any, before I got to where I think I might be shooting. But time changes everything
Since my last surgery, I've developed more neuropathy in my fingers, mostly pronounced on the pads of the fingers. It was a problem when they had to cut through the bones the first time to get at that breathing thing....and that included screwing up some nerves I guess. It wasn't so bad the first time but each one (had 7) got a little worse. But just a little. This last time when they tried the shots in the nerves in the back, it got very annoying and uncomfortable on a trigger pull. I never thought about a glove because I figured I'd not be shooting with a glove if I needed to shoot for real so I didn't do it. The other day, I took out my new Springfield along with a FNX 45 and dropped a lot of brass and had a ball.
I noticed how much the neuropathy was acting that day and the idea of using a glove came to mind. So today, after church, I went a couple of miles out to a place I can shoot and put on my golf glove and ran through about 50 rounds. Wow. That was cool. Golf gloves are great gun gloves but impractical as they would wear out quickly, but it made a difference on how it felt. I don't intend to not practice without a glove when I shoot but I think with one I can shoot more and that includes the more hp rifles I have.
Since shooting gloves are just another of the vast number of things I know zero about, can any of you suggest a brand and one that has some type of custom fitting. My index finger is just a tad short I think but my hand is a solid ML.
Historical and practical knowledge I always try to tap into and now doing it again
Suggestions please

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I use them, I generally use Mechanix.

I like Mechanix too. I have three pair; black for on duty, coyote tan for off duty and a pair in multicam that I use for household chores like weedeating and such. My wrists are huge, so I use the FastFit style because the velcro closure on the originals won't close.

61t4fpLJTLL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

A1Ad0OxOPkL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

A1x67UGdi5L.jpg

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are on sale right now so I think I'll get a pair and try them out. Do they vent well?
I've not had any trouble with them while shooting, but usually don't wear them longer than an hour. If you ever want walk in ability to buy them, Wilshire has a rack of them. I usually just buy them off Amazon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom