Gloves and guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about buying some after shooting a smaller 45 Kimber w/VZ grips. It cut my hand pretty good. That plastic or whatever it is was sharp. Haven't been a VZ fan since.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before I lost it in a terrible boating accident (tragic I know, and all too common in Oklahoma), I had one shotgun I used trap shooting that would eat my trigger hand up because the checkering was sharp, so I started wearing golf gloves.

I'm still traumatized because I loved all my firearms and they were so young.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20140328_212450.jpg got these from OReilly's. They have padded palms and knuckles. They are tight fitting and easy to shoot with. They were only 12 bucks. They also have od green on them. Really nice gloves.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear mechanix gloves from time to time. I shot a m16/m9 match at Gruber last weekend, and even as cold as it was Sunday, I still didn't wear gloves on the pistol portion. The only ones I had were my Camelbak/SW Motorsports gloves, and they felt too thick. I haven't shot in them enough to be comfortable with the trigger. I was afraid I wouldn't get good contact or I'd push/pull it.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I generally wear gloves when shooting in the cooler months. There are times however that I will be shooting with gloves in the warmer months to practice so I can keep more consistent when transitioning back to fall and winter.

I feel once you get used to wearing gloves it becomes increasingly easy to shoot with and without.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom