GMRS radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCurry1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put in the two from the Oklahoma GMRS club. I’m still looking to see if I can find some in Canadian county.
These are the ones I’ve seen listed on various sites. Only ones I’ve actually made contacts on is OKC650 and Tulsa.

Attachments

• IMG_2043.jpeg
    IMG_2043.jpeg
    476.4 KB · Views: 0

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't believe the distance hype of hand-helds. Yes, there are repeaters, but in regular use 1 to 2 miles is more realistic. 6 miles sometimes available. 36 miles be prepared to climb a cell tower or take an elevator to the roof of the One Oak building. Simply put, go for a 5 watt version and don't expect miracles.
I was in southern Cali, we have radios in our SxSs, was talking with Baja 250 / 500 racer teams in San Felipe, mexico, we also were talking between our group, dune top- dune top, at 25 miles, further down (no line of sight, only hitting about 2-3 miles.
I would suggest that you buy an over the top headphones and a two intercom (I like rugged radio intercom, you can do anything listen to music, tv, whatever, while listening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom