Golf Cart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough question to answer...cheapo ex-golf course carts can be had for as little as $2500 and nice Lithium Limos can get up to $25,000.

If you don't have regulations I'd suggest gas (I like the quiet Yamaha). I have to use electric at my primary home (Golf Course requirement) and at my Lake Home (HOA requirement). They work fine but you always have limitations with range.

If you shop around; you can get decent deals right now with the economy issues. For an idea, I bought this pair (1 for each house) and paid right at $25,000 for them delivered.

Attachments

• Image 9-19-24 at 3.35 PM.jpeg
    Image 9-19-24 at 3.35 PM.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

audiotech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had the same charger for the last 4 years and the battery has been changed out once. Gas is faster I just like the simplicity of electric for now. My wife and son also take it out and all they have to do is charge it. It’s a constant cycle of taking it out for the day and then putting it on the charger. I can be out of town for the week and know the golf cart will be working fine. The wife probably wouldn’t want to fill up a container at the fuel station and I only keep enough around for a mower.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wouldn’t the cost of batteries make you rethink gas vs electric unless electric was required. Also what is life expectancy of batteries.

This is part of what you need to weigh out when deciding what to get. If you don’t have restrictions then go gas - all around better and cheaper in the long run (Batteries aren’t cheap).

Google is your friend; there is more info on the internet discussing this than anyone here will bother themselves to repeat for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom