Golf Cart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would go gas for reason already stated.
But still remember the old saying, if it has tits or tires, it will give you trouble lol
Seriously though, I've considered a golf cart in the past (never got one) and after some research and advice from others, I was only considering gas. I didnt have any restriction though.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a battery one but it was cheap and used. I would prefer a gas one.
Batteries have to have the water level maintained, multiple cable connections to keep clean.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just spent $1200 on new battery's that might last 2-3 years ,I think I would buy gas if I had it to do over

I've owned 7-8 carts over decades...average lifespan of batteries (I use Trojan batteries) has been roughly 6 years. Distilled water every 6 weeks and leave on chargers. Mine are used A LOT (I have 4 kids) and 2-3 year lifespan on batteries is a maintenance issue (Or crappy batteries, but a 48V replacement set at $1200 should have been good batteries)

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had 3 carts for over 15 years for personal use, One old gas at the lake house, one newer gas to use around my 10 acres, and one electric that is special use (I needed something for a tow vehicle that was very, very smooth pushing aircraft around) and it is getting ready for its second set of $1200 batteries. Unless you have a very special reason for an electric, or just going to use it for a couple years or so, there is no way in hell I would suggest you get an electric cart. Gas ones, yep an oil change every year or so and pour in a 5 gal can of gas as needed, $60 starter battery every 5-7 years. Beats the hell out of remembering to connect the charger every time you bring it in, putting water in the batteries every few months, and yes the $1200 for batteries if you lug the heavy bas--ds your self. I would keep it simple, drive it in, forget about it till you hop in and drive off whenever. JMO

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another plus for gas, you can take along a spare gas can in case you need it to get home. You cant take along extra electricity and if there's no place to plug in a charging cord on your route...your screwed. Even if there is, your stuck there waiting for the batteries to charge. I dont have any idea how long that is but...

Latest posts

Top Bottom