Golf Cart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough question to answer...cheapo ex-golf course carts can be had for as little as $2500 and nice Lithium Limos can get up to $25,000.

If you don't have regulations I'd suggest gas (I like the quiet Yamaha). I have to use electric at my primary home (Golf Course requirement) and at my Lake Home (HOA requirement). They work fine but you always have limitations with range.

If you shop around; you can get decent deals right now with the economy issues. For an idea, I bought this pair (1 for each house) and paid right at $25,000 for them delivered.
I’m a gas fan as well probably for different reasons than you.
Some of the RV resorts we stay at have access to areas outside of the resort for some “off-road” exploration, which involve driving across dikes, etc.
There are no charging stations out there, but a 2 gallon gas can will always get one home.
We just rented a gasser to use next year in a destination where what I just described is going to happen. We have been there before. Driving across the dikes can get us to Mexico on the US side.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Question for you guys with the gas golf carts. Are these the type like you rent at a golf course? YOu step on the pedal and it turns on and goes or is there a keyed ignition and starter like a car? Has anyone done a swap out of the original gas cart engine to use a 4 wheeler gas engine from say a honda, polaris or kawasaki? Typically, what type of gas engines to golf course rental carts have?
Stop, the engine dies. Step on the pedal, it starts.
Some current cars and trucks do the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom