Good Customer Service Story For a Change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes...the foam spatters everywhere. They put plastic down and covered everything but it still manages to sneak into places where it shouldn't.

I’ve seen promotional videos where the applicator sprayed the foam insulation very neatly and precisely between the studs inside a house, with zero splatter, so I wondered if that was really the case. Glad to hear they owed up to their mistakes!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah...I saw those videos, too. It may be easier to keep some of the mess down with a completely closed install...it isn't so easy in a garage/shop with open door. And they all told me it would be a messy job but they would mask everything before getting started. I think it's just the nature of the beast.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My house has spray foam in the walls.
Love it. Helps with heating and cooling, but also sound reduction. You can’t hardly hear anything outside.
Was it in the house when you moved in or maybe sprayed in existing walls? I'd like to know the reviews from being sprayed in existing walls since i'm considering having that done to my house. You can't believe the reviews they have on the internet.
I wanted to do this a few years ago prior to Covid and Biden inflation but the wifes aid...(you knw the rest) and now it's going to cost more.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great to see a company owner / manager stand behind their work.

Just a guess, but I suspect inexperienced crew behind the problem.
Regardless, no excuses made, problem dealt with.

$6100 is a great price. I had a local company bid $9800 for the same job.

Might try a rag and acetone to clean those doors. The sooner the better. It takes a few day to cure completely.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great to see a company owner / manager stand behind their work.

Just a guess, but I suspect inexperienced crew behind the problem.
Regardless, no excuses made, problem dealt with.

$6100 is a great price. I had a local company bid $9800 for the same job.

Might try a rag and acetone to clean those doors. The sooner the better. It takes a few day to cure completely.

Tried that. Didn't do anything. Nail polish remover worked slightly better but would take so long it's just not worth it. We're just gonna sand them smooth and repaint them. I think I can do that for $1500.

anim_coffee.gif

These guys weren't actually the lowest bid. Initially it was around $6750 because of some fees and a mileage charge they added because they said they didn't go out as far as Ada (from OKC). I pointed out on the website where it said "serving all of OK". So they dropped all the BS fees and came in under the local guy from Ada by about $250. They have good reviews as far as I could tell.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm capable of giving credit where due and not just bi***ing about stuff.

We recently had our new building insulated with spray foam. I got a decent quote (by decent I mean it was outrageously expensive but less outrageously expensive than the others) for 2" of insulation and scheduled a day. They were here when they said they were and worked well into the night working with battery-powered headlamps. I don't have power in the building yet so I wasn't able to inspect it thoroughly until morning.

In the morning I used a gauge to measure the depth and it was less than 1" in probably 50% of the area sprayed. Most other area was only slightly over an 1" of coverage. I called the company and the guy scheduled a return trip to check it out. As soon as he looked he said, "Yeah...we screwed up. I don't even have to measure that." They resprayed the entire building to almost 3".

When they were cleaning up I noticed some pretty severe overspray on the custom-colored garage doors. One of the guys tried scraping it off thinking it was solid color...like plastic. So both brand new doors have some pretty bad overspray that really can't be removed.

Again, the supervisor took ownership of the issue and asked how I wanted to handle. I showed him the invoice where we paid $750 for each door. I said I'd like $1500 removed from the bill. He immediately printed a new invoice with a $1500 discount.

That's how you turn a bad situation into a win for everyone. I'm happy and will definitely recommend this company. They're happy they don't have a pissed-off customer badmouthing them all over the internet.

1907-Insulation if anyone's interested.
And if he was smart. it was a learning experience for that crew. Issues happen all the time I've found over the years its best to own it. fix it and move on.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@John6185 it was already in. We bought an approximately 2 year old home. The guy who built it lived next door. Unfortunately he’s croaked so I can’t ask who actually did the work.
But was it sprayed into preexisting walls? A guy that sprayed foam into newly framed homes said that his house has spray foam and is highest electric bill during the summer months was around $30.00.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had talked about building a new home, metal building, with sprayed insulation.

Wife had gone to Wichita Falls, was driving through a neighborhood, seen a metal house. Stopped and knocked on door. A 74 yo woman answered. Wife starts asking questions, woman invited her in, gave a full tour. She said her August electric bill was $42 on an 3800 sq ft house, she kept thermostat on 66°.

Would be $250 month savings vs our bill, but doesn't make up for $0 house payment. Haven't looked into foam for existing structure. I may have to do some checking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom