Good tactical scope for AR.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okbishop

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I would like to stay below or around $200 if I can. Ranges are short only probably out to 100 to 200 yards or so. Will be using it for hunting.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This. I'd skip the PA though and go straight to vortex.

ive been abusing the hell out of a Primary Arms 1-4x for the past year now in multiple 3-gun matches with excellent results. Its very fast on close up targets and the 4x lets me see 8" steel plates at 300 yards quite easily. The glass is very clear on all zoom levels, its never come out of adjustment and holds a zero very well. Don't let the price tag fool you, it's a really nice piece of hardware.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best Cust. Service and product for the buck is Vortex. PST or HS 1-4x with Capped turrets would be a solid choice. Find someone with a PST and take a look, then find another with a Nightforce or USO or SB.......you'll understand that for the money they offer a lot of glass.

If you want to spend more money, Trijicon Accupoint TR24 series 1-4x, Bushy Elite Tacs in 1-6.5 or 1-8, or Weaver Tacs??, Find a dealer who's willing to give a fair price on all listed above, especially the "big brand" names. Hate to see your wallet bleed before Christmas.

After that - gets to a pissin contest on Eotech or Aimpoint, then PA's or Vortex Strikefire or a Mini Red Dot. Aimpoint PRO could be your huckleberry for a red dot

Singularis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I would like to stay below or around $200 if I can. Ranges are short only probably out to 100 to 200 yards or so. Will be using it for hunting.

The main thing you want for hunting is something with super clear glass and great light transmission, for making shots when animals come out (pre-dawn and after dusk). This is really the most important feature, way before power or reticle or anything. But when it comes to power, for hunting, I like having a little more magnification available for spotting and whatnot than you would get with a 1-4x like some are recommending... it doesn't help your accuracy any, but it sure helps you see things better. I can kill things just fine with 3 or 4x (or 1x for that matter), and I definitely don't care for the huge, heavy celestial observation devices some people put on their hunting rifles, but I don't like being limited to 4x either. My personal preference is a 2-7x. I also like Leupold... they don't make anything with bad glass. A Leupold Rifleman 2-7x33 would be around your price range.

On an AR, you will also need a cantilever mount if you actually want to be able to get into a good shooting position, instead of having to awkwardly pull your head back on the stock to get eye relief. A $60 Primary Arms extended mount will do you just fine.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could go with an inexpensive Asian scope,
or
purchase what people who's lives depend on the quality of their scopes use

Trijicon ACOG

Made in the USA

Trijicon ACOG®
The Trijicon ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight) is a fixed power, compact
riflescope with an illuminated reticle pattern for use in bright to low/no light. The ACOG is
designed to be extremely durable and reliable. Combining traditional, precise distance
marksmanship with CQB speed, many variants include a bullet drop compensated (BDC)
reticle. Every feature of its design was chosen for a single purpose: to provide increased
hit potential in all lighting conditions.

TA31RCO-A4CP.jpg

acog_top.jpg

law_acog.jpg

Mark's Firearms is a stocking Trijicon dealer, with special pricing for OSA members