Goodbye 7N6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Remember those cheap tins of 5.45x39mm that were like $140 (more or less) for 1080 rounds?

Well, they're now illegal and can no longer be imported.

http://www.thebangswitch.com/import-ban-on-7n6-5-45x39/

Sucks for all of you Ak-74 owners. This is the same stuff that they did to us AK-47 owners back in the 90s I believe it was.

Sometimes the BATFE really sucks.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, the BATF always sucks.

I'd much rather shoot a non-corrosive round, but the spotty availability and 10¢ per round higher price makes/made the 7n6 a much more attractive round to shoot. Now they'd better get to ramping up on Wolf, Bear, and Golden Tiger, as there is one hell of a big void to fill. I'd load up on x54r while you can; I'm sure they'll find a way to halt importation of that at some point, too.

I've been trying to tell people that sooner or later, all imported ammo is going to go away. I still believe that.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, the BATF always sucks.

I'd much rather shoot a non-corrosive round, but the spotty availability and 10¢ per round higher price makes/made the 7n6 a much more attractive round to shoot. Now they'd better get to ramping up on Wolf, Bear, and Golden Tiger, as there is one hell of a big void to fill. I'd load up on x54r while you can; I'm sure they'll find a way to halt importation of that at some point, too.

I've been trying to tell people that sooner or later, all imported ammo is going to go away. I still believe that.

I'm in agreement. I think it's just a matter of time before the fun police find a way to screw up that up too.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh. I just read some more of the commentary at AR15.com, and it does sound like this could be the real deal. I do have a small stash of this caliber, but I'll still have to ration my usage of it :grumble:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All because someone built a AK74 pistol? If that is the truth then we have some retards running the BATFE

It's what helped get Chinese steel-core 7.62x39 banned from import, too.

It's not the end of the world; they still make commercial 5.45x39, and this should cause production of that to ramp up. Just sucks that the cheap surplus will be kaput.

Latest posts

Top Bottom