Goodbye 7N6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, the BATF always sucks.

I'd much rather shoot a non-corrosive round, but the spotty availability and 10¢ per round higher price makes/made the 7n6 a much more attractive round to shoot. Now they'd better get to ramping up on Wolf, Bear, and Golden Tiger, as there is one hell of a big void to fill. I'd load up on x54r while you can; I'm sure they'll find a way to halt importation of that at some point, too.

I've been trying to tell people that sooner or later, all imported ammo is going to go away. I still believe that.
I have a feeling you are right about banning all imported ammo at some point. I hope it never happens but the way things are in this country it's only a matter of time.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently this has been two years in the making.

Commercial 5.45x39mm is available at the same price as commercial 7.62x39mm...around $.25 a round.

Still a heck of a deal.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently this has been two years in the making.

Commercial 5.45x39mm is available at the same price as commercial 7.62x39mm...around $.25 a round.

Still a heck of a deal.

Hard to see the value of that deal when you've been buying 7N6 for 11-12 cents a round. Ah well, all good things must come to an end.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spotted these prices on 7N6 at the Wanenmacher show yesterday, courtesy of Shooters Surplus Ammo on the lower level:

i738.photobucket.com_albums_xx29_Perplexed0_Milsurps_7N6_Prices_zps9ef28628.jpg

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spotted these prices on 7N6 at the Wanenmacher show yesterday, courtesy of Shooters Surplus Ammo on the lower level:

i738.photobucket.com_albums_xx29_Perplexed0_Milsurps_7N6_Prices_zps9ef28628.jpg

t was a progression. It started off at $415 a crate in the morning, and was $569 by the time I went home. I thought of buying a crate in the morning, but held off. Should have acted on it, but needed the cash for other things. I saw it in a few places, all for way over $500/crate. One on the west side of the upper level had one crate @ $570. Brutal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom