Goodbye Honda mowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sneeker

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Where I used to work we had lots of issues with the Honda mowers. Our technician had a lot of problems trying to get them fixed. I was very surprised by that. So much so I decided to not buy one and went with a Toro. I’ve not been disappointed.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still not sold on the all electric lawn mowers. But the father-in-law got a kit last year, big push mower, weed wacker, and blower and he is getting by with it so far. He says as long as he doesn't let the grass get too tall he can get the whole yard done in one charge.
But, a local store I went to the other day had a battery chain saw that is tempting me. If the battery will fit into other tools, drill, skil-saw etc. I may be getting it. It would be handy to use that little saw to trim a few branches here and there instead of getting the big gas saw out for 5 minutes of cutting work.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of my neighbors use a lawn service that comes during the week, the noise of the equipment isn't that bothersome because there aren't that many people around to hear it. The sweet older neighbors next door still mow there own, but darn if the don't pick Saturday morning when I'm out enjoying a cup of coffee on that back patio and watching the birds in the yard to do the mowing. I was hoping they'd replace their poorly running gas mower with a nice electric model. No luck.

I got an old set of battery powered B&D line trimmer and blower. I figured they's be really gimmicky, but they do a pretty darn good job and are lightweight without feeling too cheap. Bought a new battery for them, I like them so much.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still not sold on the all electric lawn mowers. But the father-in-law got a kit last year, big push mower, weed wacker, and blower and he is getting by with it so far. He says as long as he doesn't let the grass get too tall he can get the whole yard done in one charge.
But, a local store I went to the other day had a battery chain saw that is tempting me. If the battery will fit into other tools, drill, skil-saw etc. I may be getting it. It would be handy to use that little saw to trim a few branches here and there instead of getting the big gas saw out for 5 minutes of cutting work.
idk about the mowers but i really like my 18v fuel chainsaw and weed eater. i like the air compressor also but it is a dewalt.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may be kidding, but a co-worker of my son did just exactly that. He's the first one that told us they were gonna' quit selling them in the US.

I was, but after thinking about it. Buy 2 and save them in the boxes. Might be worth a little coin in a few years. I've had 2 Honda gas mowers, my son has one.
Still not sold on electric mowers. I know there have been major improvements made since I had one years ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom