Small engine/Mower Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay so my push mower has a Honda GCV190LA engine on it. Was running just fine then died. When it restarted it was running funny and just assumed it was the carb. It was at least 8 years old so bought a new carb and replaced. Now the sucker won’t start at all. If I add gas to the spark plug hole or the carb directly, it will start and die right away. Also went ahead and changed the plug. The carb itself is def getting gas because it’s in the bowl but doesn’t seem to be pushing gas to the engine

Im not super handy but I can usually figure this out but no luck on this so far.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could be the coil has gone bad and isn’t giving you a strong enough spark. I’ve had that happen on a couple of small engines over the last few years; seems small engine coils really aren’t made like they used to be.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll give all these suggestions a look this evening. I’ve checked all the usual things, including the magneto. I think I’ll try keeping it running with fluid like suggested and see if that works

Latest posts

Top Bottom