Got a Bad Mosin from TK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadeDead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me explain the back story first.
I was at the Wanenmacher gun show, but I didn't have my ID so I couldn't buy a gun at that point, so I got their card and got my ID the day before yesterday, yesterday I went to go to their shop to pick up a cheap Mosin and got lost about 10 times; anyway I finally get there as they are closing and by this time I have a terrible headache so I fill out the yellow form, pay, and get the gun boxed, and I ask if it's in like new condition like the ones they had at the show(shiny bores), and they say yes; well I get home and look at the bore and it's BAD(rusty, rounded lands, weak rifling,) other than the bore everything seems OK. But I haven't even shot it yet for fear other things might be wrong with it like head space.

What should I do?

Sorry for the long post.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me explain the back story first.
I was at the Wanenmacher gun show, but I didn't have my ID so I couldn't buy a gun at that point, so I got their card and got my ID the day before yesterday, yesterday I went to go to their shop to pick up a cheap Mosin and got lost about 10 times; anyway I finally get there as they are closing and by this time I have a terrible headache so I fill out the yellow form, pay, and get the gun boxed, and I ask if it's in like new condition like the ones they had at the show(shiny bores), and they say yes; well I get home and look at the bore and it's BAD(rusty, rounded lands, weak rifling,) other than the bore everything seems OK. But I haven't even shot it yet for fear other things might be wrong with it like head space.

What should I do?

Sorry for the long post.
contact TK instead of gettin on here bad mouthing them, there is no such thing as a new or like new mosin

MadeDead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
contact TK instead of gettin on here bad mouthing them, there is no such thing as a new or like new mosin

How did I bad mouth them? All I'm saying is that I didn't get what I was told I was getting, could be an honest mistake.
The ones I saw had decent/good bores, that's what I asked for.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Kind of have to ditto this.
If you haven't contacted them why are you doing this.:ugh2::anyone:
Could have been a simple mistake.
Give them a chance to correct it first.

By the way nice first post. :P

MadeDead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of have to ditto this.
If you haven't contacted them why are you doing this.:ugh2::anyone:
Could have been a simple mistake.
Give them a chance to correct it first.

By the way nice first post. :P

Alright I'll call them, and I meant no offense with my post.

I'll post an introduction thread later.:lookaroun

MadeDead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No offense taken. :thumbup3:
Just razing you a bit.
Welcome to the madhouse. :comfort:

Alright, I called them and they said to bring it in, which is shouldn't be a problem now that I know where they're business is hidden.:P

Sorry this thread seems like kind of a common sense thing, but I can't think straight when I've got a headache like this.:o

Latest posts

Top Bottom