Got a garand!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes... Buy one thru the CMP. I just got an email from them that "Expert Grade" rifles were available for $1100 w free S/H.

I checked their website and they also have "Rack Grade" rifles available for $650 w free S/H.

You'd be hard pressed to get a better deal.

https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/m1-garand/

Just pay attention to the description of the available grades. My friend got six of the Rack Grades a few weeks ago; he said one of them was fairly better than the description, more like a Field Grade, a second was a tad better, three about what the grade implied, and the sixth was at the bottom of the grade’s range. There were some WW2 parts in the lot, including an uncut SA op rod and a later-war lock bar rear sight, but three of the rifles had CMP stocks and one had odd looking wood, perhaps from a Phillipines tree. Be prepared for external pitting in the RG’s, sometimes a goodly amount. Luck of the draw what you get.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been my experience the CMP always under-promises and over-delivers. I've ordered 5 or 6 Garands and all were better than the grade description. My Collector Grade gun honestly looks brand new. According to Duff's book it's all correct. There are no arsenal/rebuild marks anywhere. It's a Korean war vintage gun but I don't care. It's very nice and the only one I have left.

My CMP 1911A1 was rebuilt but it's a very nice looking gun, too.

Unfortunately, their supply of Garands is running really low. Best time to get one is now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom