Got a new toy today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to a farm auction this morning. The advertised several guns. What caught my eye was the .22 mag AMT automag. I've always wanted one of those, so I filled my pockets with money and went.
The first gun sold was a Henry golden boy in .44 mag. It sold for $1425.00:uhwhat:
The next was an old remington .22 auto rifle with a weaver scope on it....$400:uhwhat:

I was thinking I didn't bring enough money, but when the pistol came up for sale, the bidding was pretty normal, and I got it for what I thought was a really fair price. Brought it home, and shot it. I really like it.:D

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_automag.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to shoot it at an indoor range or at nighttime, then you'll really be surprised!!!!! Friend of mine overseas had one with the 6" barrel, and it was a blast!!!!!

Does it have a big fireball? I only had two rounds to shoot out of it, but it was pretty bright. Now I'm on the hunt for ammo.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Does it have a big fireball? I only had two rounds to shoot out of it, but it was pretty bright. Now I'm on the hunt for ammo.

More like a flame thrower, the .22mag was designed for rifles from the start, and needs a good 18" to 24" of barrel to realize full potental. So the short barrel handguns that fire her tend to throw a pretty good flame downrange.

Latest posts

Top Bottom