Governor signs Bil HB2963l, change in licenses and fees

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No it's good - no trout license anymore; woo hoo!

I just read the link. If paying for a trout stamp would get us more trout I'd still want to pay. I hope they continue to stock at the same rate and not less. I wonder how much the out of state licenses went up to compensate for the trout stamp removal and if this will affect stocking? I think it could.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the only bad thing about the bill for me only is that I will have to pay more for my Grandkids to fish with me that live in TX when they get old enough.
That being said, I don't care what it cost to get out with them.......

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the only bad thing about the bill for me only is that I will have to pay more for my Grandkids to fish with me that live in TX when they get old enough.
That being said, I don't care what it cost to get out with them.......

Dennis,
The non resident fishing license is going up to $54 I think I read in it. Right now the non resident lifetime fishing license is only $275. Might made for a nice birthday or christmas present for them.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On page 22 of the bill I noticed the part giving the fee for non resident lifetime fishing license is lined out. And there is nothing in it's place showing a new fee. So it looks like the non resident lifetime fishing is going away. But you should still have until Jan 1st to buy one for those out of state kids.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On page 22 of the bill I noticed the part giving the fee for non resident lifetime fishing license is lined out. And there is nothing in it's place showing a new fee. So it looks like the non resident lifetime fishing is going away. But you should still have until Jan 1st to buy one for those out of state kids.

A long read, but I saw that as well. His birthday is Dec 6, so I know what he is getting:thumbup3:

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn't there also something in there about buying lifetime hunting and fishing licenses for resident youth? Like a payment plan or something? I was trying to go back through and find it again but my ADD kicked in and I kept losing my place :doh:

Maybe I'm just tired, I'll try and find it again tomorrow, but that would be a good deal to be able to make installment payments so that no matter what your kids will always be able to hunt and fish here:thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom