GP100 vs. Taurus 608

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
looking for opinions. i have a gp100 and love it but the attraction of 8 rounds in a taurus 608 is really inviting. does anyone have experience or recomendations?

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned both, Taurus guns work fine but Ruger is the only revolver for me. The 608 was cool and I killed a deer with it but the Ruger guns are much sturdier. I have slowly turned all but one Taurus of mine into Rugers through vigorous trading and my GP100 I got off of here is not for sale unless someone wants to give me 1k for it. That it how much I like it.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
thanks for the opinions. I had a S&w 686 and I didn't like it as well as my gp100. This is strictly a bedside gun and that's the only reason I was considering the Taurus with 2 more rounds.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father-in-law's Taurus revolver came apart on him at the range when we were there last. The cylinder came loose frome the frame and just fell into his hand when he was clearing/reloading it. It was NOT a heavy use gun. Between witnessing that and hearing other first hand accounts of their failures, I doubt I'll ever own a Taurus. If I do, it will be purely recreactional. I would not put my life in the hands of one. I would definitely go the S&W 327 route if I were going to have it for self defense and wanted more fire power.