GP100 vs. Taurus 608

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 here. I'd never trade a Ruger revolver for ANY-THING made by Taurus. Period. End of story.

If I were in your shoes, I'd save up some extra cash and trade the Ruger in for a S&W 327NG. Eight rounds of .357 Mag in a tough-as-heck N-frame with XS front sight? Oh, yeah. That is the freakin' ticket.

kalebiscool

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a deep passionate love for my gp100, and if you could see the fireballs it makes with compressed win.296 loads you would too. If i tried to fire any of those loads in a Taurus i am positive i would come out with less fingers than i went in with . you don't need 7 or 8 rounds.... just one of mine, even if i miss it will blind them and give me time to beat them to death with its sturdy 4 pound frame.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
No way I'd dump a Ruger for any form of Taurai. Just practice with your speedloaders.

I'd like this a hundred times if I could.

If you need more ammo, either practice loading faster, or get an auto. For the weight and bulk of a 4" GP100 (assumption as they are the most common), you could get into a Glock 17 and have a smaller gun in every dimension, save nearly a pound (!!!), and get an extra 10 rounds.