Guage mate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found this site. http://www.gaugemate.com/
I think its an interesting concept, especially if they lock up tight. I'd expect the accuracy of a pistol?

Anybody heard of them?

PAPS SMALL.jpg

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The survival guy that did the stupid show with that barefoot weirdo named Cody is a big fan of them. Can't remember his name. He has a youtube channel.

Here he is:

Last edited by a moderator:

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be some shotgun tubes called the "Four-tenner." Some skeet shooters used these in breech loading 12s to shoot in .410 events. They were about a foot long, and had extractors. I refereed for several who used these, and they appeared to throw pretty crappy patterns, though a .410 with #9 shot at 20 yards is never very satisfactory on crossing shots.

Like most "make-dos," I suspect these adapters will be clumsy and problematic.

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
could the bullet bounce around in the barrel and mess up a choke? *do those break opens have a choke?*

You bet! They have a long way to go before they exit the muzzle and the harder the recoil, the better the chance. That's why the "chamber" adapters never caught on. If they were full-length barrel adapters like for changing gauges in shotguns, that would be different.

Latest posts

Top Bottom