Gun Broker Purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am considering making a rifle purchase from Gun Broker. Never done this before, so can someone walk me through it? I do understand that it has to be shipped to an FFL, but not sure how to actually make the transaction work. What hidden fees to I need to watch for (if any)? Shipping is stated to be $30.
Thanks,

BadKarma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been several years since I used Gun Broker so things may have changed.
Postal Money order or Cashiers check for the price he's wanting. He, usually
through his FFL, ships to your FFL. My FFL wouldn't accept from another FFL without
contacting him first and working out the details. Again that's several years ago
so things may have changed per Gun Broker. Hope that helps

Hucksaw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done it as above years ago... Mailed a USPS money order along with a copy of FFL.
I won an auction last week and paid through GunBroker with credit card. I then emailed a pdf copy of my preferred FFL to the seller. UPS tracking says my purchase is arriving Monday.
Some charge extra for using a credit card and some charge sales tax. Just depends on who you purchase from, I guess.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one on there last week with credit card. It was a seller that has no credit card fee. My ffl was already in gunbrokers list they provide. I selected him upon checkout. Contacted my ffl and gave him order number, my gunbroker username and gunbroker seller contact info. He emailed them the info they wanted from him. Next step is seller ships it to my ffl. That part hasn’t happened yet. I hate waiting.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one on there last week with credit card. It was a seller that has no credit card fee. My ffl was already in gunbrokers list they provide. I selected him upon checkout. Contacted my ffl and gave him order number, my gunbroker username and gunbroker seller contact info. He emailed them the info they wanted from him. Next step is seller ships it to my ffl. That part hasn’t happened yet. I hate waiting.

The firearm is being shipped by boat, right?

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For buyer my recollection was there were no fees. Only the seller pays fees to gun broker. I had a Marlin Ballard to sell and hadn't sold in a couple years. At $3,000 estimate sale price the fees were $110 according to their calculator. My recollection was that you get to see fees as they add up based on lending features you select as you create the listing. Those are above some base fees you can research with tools that are on each page if I remember correctly.

Now, as a seller, I ran into another problem that speaks to GB's customer support. They would not validate my credit card, which you have to have on file as a seller. Tried it twice and failed both times. I called my card company and they showed both $1 transactions going through just fine but GB was telling me as I attempted each time that it failed. Opened a GB ticket and got a flaky response as if from some bot that told me to review their 'reports' section on establishing value for your item. WTH? In other words... no help at all. Guess I'll be selling that antique on another site. I've sold maybe 10 items with no problems but my card has been replaced since then so if GB won't let me get a current card on file there is little recourse if they won't give you value-added feedback for their system's failure. Right now I'd crash them if I had the know-how. And no... I'm not a domestic terrorist.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your responses. This has been a great help.
Any FFLs here (on OSA) in the Tulsa/Sapulpa area I can have it sent to?

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BANG, @reddog1 in Broken Arrow. Runs it out of his house, so convenient to pick up in the evening hours if you work during the day and have a hard time getting to a shop by 5 or 6pm.
He used to charge $10 for OSA members, but not sure if that’s still the case. Most shop dealers are usually $20-25, but check beforehand because some will go way higher, especially if you don't confirm prior to arrival. Have heard horror stories about $75-100 to a certain % of the gun price, etc. Some also try to collect sales tax, which you should not have to pay except through GB.

Latest posts

Top Bottom