Gun Case help and or advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have almost completed my dream rifle (will post pics when she is ready) and the only case I have is the one that came with my Bushamster, which only holds my lower and 2 uppers.
Having all that been said, I like the Pelican 1750 (my dream gal isnt small).

What is the general knowledge on hard cases with good foam. I do want this gun to be protected VERY well.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pretty much the best answer is pelican. They are THE case by which all others are compared, and you pay for that.

I have an SKB that I like a lot, but it lacks a good base of foam to work with, and it will have to be added (I have another thread about foam). the case though is great. weather proof, excellent latches, small wheels for easy portability, two different handles. one on the end, one in the middle of a long side.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd buy a Pelican though. If you have a high dollar firearm and want the best Pelican cases can't be beat. Which is why the military uses them for just about everything.

before the Pelican, they used fiberglass cases. I have a couple old-school cases that haven't been cracked and they are very cool, but are getting quite brittle, so they've been retired.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Storm IM3300 or at least 3100 series for rifles……..

Storm is now owned by Pelican. Its a pissing contest between the two, but I much prefer the latches on the Storm vs Pelican's. Again, a personal pref. thing.

NOTE : If you are going that route and want the most versatility, research which Storm or Pelican can support which size Soft/double rifle case. You can have the hard shell for transport or high protection while have a soft case inside to do the lesser tasks and more flexibility. STORM FIELD PAK, example

REF - Storm IM3200 will eat a 42" rifle soft case…….

http://www.laruetactical.com/combo-pelican-im3200-hard-case-and-moab-soft-case
gives the idea………..you can do this for FAR less money with other cases………Nice pkg by LT though.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Roger that, the IM3300 will eat that easily, and can get soft cases to fit…………..just tossing an option vs cutting foam for one particular unit…….and is nice most of the time not to be tossing around a mini coffin.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The storm combo has a higher price point than the 1750 and tossin' the coffin' doesnt bother me so much because what will be in the coffin haha.
but thanks for the suggestion Wolf.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bass Pro has some new Rifle Cases in. I seen them today. They look to be tough like the Pelicans. Best thing about them, they were less than a hundred bucks! They looked great. Might give em a look.

The middle layer of foam was precut in a way that you could very easily make it custom fit what ever rifle you put in it. Now if you have a large scope mounted on top of a Ar Grab Handle, they may be a tight fit. I would measure and go look at them. If I need another Pelican, I would look harder at the ones I seen today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom