Gun Case help and or advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
These are the cases at Bass Pro. They're going for $98 and change. Seemed to be a good case. Single rifle, full of pick-n-pluck foam. Like the latches. Not sure they are weatherproof though.

20140306_141951.jpg20140306_141945.jpg

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just in case anyone is interested in these or reading the thread, Wideners has the same case for $69 right plus $16 shipping to 73034, so $86 shipped. Not sure it's worth saving $13, but it might make the difference for someone.

cheers!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These are the cases at Bass Pro. They're going for $98 and change. Seemed to be a good case. Single rifle, full of pick-n-pluck foam. Like the latches. Not sure they are weatherproof though.

View attachment 36643View attachment 36642

Yes, those were the ones! They were pretty tough looking/feeling/built weren't they? I was impressed with them. And they are like $109 with taxes from Bass Pro. Thanks for the link to Widners.

Last edited:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, those were the ones! They were pretty tough looking/feeling/built weren't they? I was impressed with them. And they are like $109 with taxes from Bass Pro. Thanks for the link to Widners.

Yes. I was very impressed. Plano is a great company, they make good product and have excellent engineers. I would have no problem putting one of my rifles in one of these. I may own one before the weekend is up.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple Pelicans that are laid out in side for AR's. Love em, but in reality unless a guy is wanting to ship, take on a airplane the Pelicans are overkill for the money versus the ones we have been talking about above. That is why the Plano's were so impressive, same type protection for local use and transport for way less than half the Price. If memory serves a good Pelican that will fit a AR with scopes and such are over $200 last time I looked for them.

Now would I toss my rifle in one of the Plano's, then toss it in a pond? Nope. I would though in a Pelican. But I also don't go around tossing my cased rifle's into ponds! LOL!!!!

I admit though too, that I did not pay much attention to the sealing capabilitys of the Plano's that I seen at BassPro, but the description in the link that aviator41 posted, says water resistant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom