Gun Case help and or advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do agree with Mr. Glock. If you're not traveling with your rifle a lot the pelican is overkill.

However if I had to pick one and one only to fill all my needs, I would go Pelican.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Like Mr. Glock, I have no plans on throwing a case full of firearms in a lake, but I do go to and from hunting areas with rifles in cases in the back of the truck. The cases has been snowed on, rained on, splashed with mud, splashed with mud and blood.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been researching cases of a similar size for a rifle being built. From what I've found the Pelicans are top notch, the Pelican-Storms (the one I would have to go with for a 49inch rifle plus clearance) are a slightly thinner skin, but still rugged, and Planos are good for everday use, but will not hold up to heavy abuse. The case I have actually settled on is the Starlight, I found no one saying anything bad about it, except about the latches (which have been redesigned and are now praised). On some of the hunting/long range forums the only two really in contention are the Pelican and Starlight, after Kalispel Cases went out of business (though you can find knock-offs still being made). Just another company to look into. And the price on the Starlights are pretty good too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom