Gun Reassembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well, I've spent the last year or so trying to assemble an AK from a parts kit....oh, you said RE-assemble. In that case, I spent about 30 minutes helping a friend figure out how to put back together his granpappy's Winchester 1873.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent all day putting together a double barrel shotgun, %#$@ thing had to have the firing pins in the correct side and I did it wrong, they were the first parts in so.....

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never really got why the Rugers were difficult to put together... I mean, they took a little effort, but weren't too bad.

Worse one I've ever done was probably an old, old, OLD Mauser pistol... I have no idea what it was, but JB can probably tell you. Turn of the century semi-auto, micro-sized pistol... all sorts of cam locks, hidden springs and anything else that could possibly be a PIA. It was so old, there weren't really any usable schematics.

Although, I love the challenge of putting them together... it's like a big puzzle.

Having said that... I'd rather not say how long it took. :)

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh... and a CZ pistol.... again, I don't remember the model... maybe a CZ82 though... anyhow, it was in need of a refinish, so complete disassemble was necessary.

All the online research said "DON'T BREAK DOWN BEYOND THIS STEP"... yeah... if only that were possible.

55 pieces to that gun, and most of them are in the trigger assembly.

Again, I'd rather not admit how long it took to put back together. :)

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 hours m242 bushmaster the first time I tried it I could not get all the parts in harmony to make it work for a gun that has so few parts it can sure be a pain in the rear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom