Gun shop trades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any gun shop, that trade fair around? I’m considering trying a trade with one, but I’m afraid it’ll be not worth my time. I understand I can’t expect to get value for value, trading a used gun for new. But are there any that trade value for value, in used for used? If not, it’s not worth my time taking my gun in and lugging it around. Just a thought I had, and wondered if there are any out there.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any gun shop, that trade fair around? I’m considering trying a trade with one, but I’m afraid it’ll be not worth my time. I understand I can’t expect to get value for value, trading a used gun for new. But are there any that trade value for value, in used for used? If not, it’s not worth my time taking my gun in and lugging it around. Just a thought I had, and wondered if there are any out there.

What are you looking to trade?

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my limited experience it wasn't worth the conversation. Most gun stores will want to make money on both ends of the transaction. They will under-value your item so they can make a profit on it. They will hold the value of their item at full retail, again so they can make a profit on it. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with the practice. After all, both parties can say no.

You can usually come out better selling your item at a loss in a private sale than trading it at a retail gun store.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably about the same as trading in a used car.

I picked up a 500$ car 2 weeks ago because the dealership refused to pay more. My Mother in law sold me her PT cruiser convertible turbo with only 66,000 miles, saying she would rather I have it and use it then them make another huge profit off of her. She always takes meticulous care of her cars and was that offended when they said it had been "driven into the dirt". So the point of the story is when you get low balled at the dealer PM me and I will buy it from you for what they offer!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I picked up a 500$ car 2 weeks ago because the dealership refused to pay more. My Mother in law sold me her PT cruiser convertible turbo with only 66,000 miles, saying she would rather I have it and use it then them make another huge profit off of her. She always takes meticulous care of her cars and was that offended when they said it had been "driven into the dirt". So the point of the story is when you get low balled at the dealer PM me and I will buy it from you for what they offer!
I have told people many times that I would pay more than they are offered on trade in but no one has ever taken me up on the offer.

There are a lot of folks that have more money than they have good sense.

I've come to the conclusion that most people like to get screwed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom